Mindful Yoga Academy
Empowering individuals towards health and well-being
Mindful Yoga, Sound and Meditation Retreat
24th - 31st August - Now taking bookings
- Venue - The Dome Retreat Centre, Alcalali, Alicante, Spain
- With - Kathy Ward, Michele Averard and Nestor Kornblum
- Prices from just €692 per person!
Join Kathy, Michele and Nestor for a 7 night, 6 day Retreat at The Dome Retreat Centre in Alcalali, Spain to experience the benefits of this relaxing and rejuvenating Mindful Yoga, Sound and Meditation Retreat. Price shown includes -
- 7 nights accommodation at the Dome Retreat Centre as booked (see room types below)
- 3 delicious and healthy home cooked vegetarian meals per day (dinner on the first night and breakfast on departure day)
- Daily naughty cake
- Unlimited infusions, tea, coffee, mountain spring water and fresh fruit
- Guided walk into the pretty Spanish village of Alcalali so you can familiarize yourself to your surroundings
- *6 morning Mindful Meditation and Yoga classes - therapeutic class with adjustments and modifications to suit all, including those new to Yoga and Meditation
- *3 evening Mindful Yoga classes - the evening classes are very gentle and include restorative yoga, guided relaxation or yoga nidra
- 6 x 3hr Sound Healing Workshops with Michele Averard and Nestor Kornblum, Directors of the Assc of Sound Therapists. Workshops will include Sound work, Voice, Overtone singing, Tibetan bowls and Tuning fork instruction and much more. No previous experience required.
- Evening Candle light meditations or mantra singing
- Mindful Yoga, Mindful Life workshop - learn now to bring mindfulness and meditation into your life
- The Gentle Art of Relaxation workshop - discover how to spot your stress warning signals and learn skills to reduce its effects on your body, mind and spirit
- Healing Sound Journey experience - a sonic experience provided by the sounding of ancient and shamanic instruments, Tibetan Singing Bowls, Flutes and Drums
- Shared transfer to and from Benissa
Enjoying our morning class outside!
The Yoga and Meditation -
Based on therapeutic Mindful Hatha Yoga and the work of Jon Kabbat-Zin PhD and Herbert Benson MD, both pioneers of the modern mind-body medicine, this Mindfulness based Retreat will help you completely relax and learn to tune into your body.
Although it gets a lot of bad press, stress is necessary for life. You need stress for creativity, learning, and your very survival. However, like many things in life we need a healthy balance. If we stay out of balance our reaction to stress (real or imagined) can potentially increase our risk of becoming unwell or overwhelm us if we are living with a health challenge. So by learning how to tune into our bodies, we can take action before things get out of hand.
Mindful yoga and Meditation taps into the innate potential for healing that we all have. It mobilizes our ability to cultivate wisdom and self-compassion, and by so doing it teaches us to live our life and face whatever arises with integrity, clarity and an open-hearted presence.
Simply put, Mindfulness is the practice of cultivating nonjudgmental awareness in our daily lives, and during the Mindful Yoga classes and workshops on this holiday you will learn simple practices that can easily be incorporated in your life.
Find out –
- What is the fight/flight response and relaxation response
- How they effect your body
- How Mindful Yoga can bring harmony and balance
- Asanas and Mindful Meditation to bring awareness to your body
- Pranayamas (breathing) for relaxation and balance
- How to spot your stress warning signals and activate your relaxation response
- A simple 4 step approach to reduce the effect of stress
- How to use a Body Scan to tune into your body
- A Progressive Muscle Relaxation to learn how to let go
- Some quick rescue remedies to use anywhere for difficult times
Modern lives are busy lives, but just 15 minutes a day can have a big impact on your levels of health and well-being, reducing the effect of stress and boosting your energy and mood. Join us and we can show you how! There is also lots of time to simply "be", relax by the pool or walk in nature.
The Sound Workshops -
The Association of Sound Therapy was founded in 1998 by Michêle Averard and Nestor Kornblum. Their aim is to spread the awareness and knowledge of Sound as a powerful tool for personal and planetary transformation.
Michêle and Nestor are the owners of The Dome Retreat Centre, they conduct intensive courses on the therapeutic and transformative uses of sound, and particularly the voice both here in Spain and worldwide. Through vocal harmonics (overtone chant) and many other vocal techniques, students are taken on a ‘Sound Journey’ through the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual dimensions of sound. For more details of their work click here
The Sound workshops on this Retreat will include Sound work, Voice, Overtone singing, Tibetan bowls and Tuning fork instruction and much more. No prior musical experience is required.
For those of you who would like more activities we also offer some optional extras -
- Private 90 minute Yoga or Yoga Therapy sessions with Kathy €35
- Private Sound Healing session €40
- Private Reiki session €35
Please scroll down the page for full information, and for information and pictures of The Dome Retreat Centre click here If you have any questions or wish to book please contact me to check availability. You can secure your space with a 50% deposit with the balance payable on arrival.
Room types and Prices -
Rooms in the Finca -
- Twin room (2 share) with private terrace offering wonderful mountain views and shared bathroom - €896
- Twin room (2 share) with adjoining bathroom €874
- Dormitory with adjoining bathroom (up to 4 share) €801
- Wooden Cabins, situated in the Almond Grove - Dormitory (up to 4 share) short walk to shared bathrooms €765
- Tents, situated in the Almond Grove - twin occupancy tent (2 bedroom sections) with bed & mattress supplied, short walk to shared bathrooms €692
Our meals are vegetarian, healthy (even the daily naughty cake) and very tasty! Wine is not provided as standard but the Jalon valley is famous for its affordable wines and we can make it available to guests at cost price.
Typical day -
- 08.00 - 09.30 Mindful Meditation and Yoga practice
- 09.30 - 11.00 Breakfast
- 11.00 - 14.00 Sound Workshop
- 14.00 - Long lazy lunch
- 17.00 - Daily naughty cake and tea
- 18.00 - 19.30 Mindful Yoga restorative practice, Workshop or Healing Sound Journey
- 20.00 - Dinner
- 21.00 - Candle light meditation or mantra singing
What the Dome has to offer -
- Traditional Finca set in 5000m2 of gardens with almond and fruit trees in an area of outstanding natural beauty
- A large 90m, circular, domed yoga and meditation hall with wooden floors
- Tipi for meditation
- Swimming pool with magnificent mountain views
- Shaded patios for alfresco dining
- Optional therapies to make your stay special (sound therapy, yoga therapy and many others)
- Range of accommodation to suit every budget
- ADSL - WiFi internet access
- Just 400m from the village, shops, restaurants
- 60 minutes drive from Alicante, and 75 minutes from Valencia Airport
- For more details and pictures of the Retreat Centre and area click here
How to book -
To book please contact us to first check for availability on your chosen room type. We will send you a PayPal invoice for the 50% deposit, balance is due on arrival.
Places are limited so book now and join us for a truly relaxing experience.
- Next >>