Mindful Yoga Academy
Heart centered Yoga empowering individuals towards health and well-being
Retreat's at Solterreno
9th - 16th March with Bodhin -
Come and enjoy our little oasis hidden in the sunny mountains amidst cherry orchards and almond groves, midway between Valencia and Alicante.
In a welcoming group atmosphere you will experience a week full of guided activities and a lovely vegetarian meditarranean cuisine. We will cover the basic Mindfulness course.
Take this opportunity to spend some uninterrupted time feeding your creative spirit with like-minded people in lovely surroundings. This will be a small, supportive group, with an experienced group facilitator and mindfulness teacher. Come and join us, you deserve it!
Price of 490 euros per person includes -
- 7 nights accommodation in shared rooms
- 3 delicious home cooked vegetarian meals per day
- Daily Mindful Therapeutic Yoga class
- Daily Mindfulness Meditation workshop
- Guided walks in the Mountains
- Massage and Reiki available (additional cost)
Theme: This retreat in the spectacular Spanish mountains, will teach you the tools to gain more insight into yourself, and be more at ease and content through life's ups and downs. Mindfulness is about waking up to a new way of seeing things, and that’s not easy to do on your own. In this course, unlike when you study from a book or CD, you’ll be guided personally by an experienced teacher. The week is challenging and life-affirming
Hatha Yoga: We will practice heart centered Therapeutic Mindful Yoga optimizing health and well-being at every level of the body and mind. It blends the ancient wisdom of Hatha Yoga with mindfulness based stress reduction. Suitable for all as modifications are given to suit each student.
Meditation: for everyday life. The programme we typically teach is an amalgamation of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn and his colleagues at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center and the Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) course, developed by Segal, Williams and Teasdale. It is designed to help participants learn new ways of handling difficult physical sensations, feelings and moods. The program consists of more than 30 hours of classes during the week. Highly participatory, supportive, and structured, this program will provide you with:
- guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices;
- gentle stretching and mindful yoga;
- morning practice sessions;
- group dialogue and mindful communication exercises to enhance awareness in everyday life;
- individually tailored instruction;
- a workbook with daily assignments and home practice materials. See Mindfulness-spain.com
Walks: We will be offering several walks into the spectacular mountains with views of the Costa Blanca coastline. All optional and lead by an experienced trainer. We have on our doorstep two spectacular walks: one down in to "Hells Gorge" and the other up onto the "Green Horse Mountain" suitable for all.
We serve delicious, home cooked, vegetarian food at Solterreno. We aim to use high quality ingredients where possible. You can expect a well-balanced, energetic, vegetarian menu, mediterranean style. Non-dairy and gluten free options are available and we cater for special dietry needs.
- A typical menu could include:
- Tea, infusions, coffee, milk, porridge, cereal, toast, butter and jam, yogurt and fruit.
- Vegetarian Paella
- Pate, or other side dish
- Apple and pear compote with raisins, fruit tea, infusions, coffee.
- Evening meal:
- Cream of courgette soup
- Home made pizza or quiche
- Fruit or cheese, tea, infusions, coffee
- We also have a morning and afternoon break where tea, infusions, coffee and biscuits will be available.
Accommodation - Sleeping is in shared rooms (2/4 people), you could be allocated in either the hexoganal wooden cabin, new cabin or main house bedroom. For more details and pictures visit www.solterreno.es/en
To reserve your space -
He then ask's for a 100 euro PayPal deposit to secure your space. Balance is due one month before the Retreat starts.