Kathy Ward. Mindful Yoga Academy Director of Training.
Kathy Ward is the Director of Training for the 200hr Therapeutic Mindful Hatha Yoga Teacher Training, 200hr Mindfulness based Meditation Teacher Training, Continued Professional Development (CPD) workshops and Retreats.
Kathy has been practicing yoga for over 30 years. She took her first Yoga Therapy teacher training with the British School of Yoga in 2004 and went on to train as a Hatha Yoga Teacher and Professional Yoga Therapist with Integrative Yoga Therapy in 2005. She has diplomas in Clinical Hypnotherapy and NLP Coaching with CBT, Motivational Therapist and Coach.
Kathy is currently taking ongoing professional development with Mindfulness training at the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP) School of Psychology, Bangor University. Admission to the programme is limited to those with extensive professional experience and a solid meditation practice. She also follows the Good Practice Guidelines for teaching Mindfulness-based courses.
Kathy has over 30 years experience in Developing People, writting and delivering Training Packages, Workshops and Conferences, Coaching and Telephone Coaching, and an in-depth training in Mind-Body therapies specializing in Stress Related illness. She now runs Yoga Teacher Training Courses, Mindfulness MBSR Meditation Teacher Training Courses, Yoga Workshops and Yoga Holidays that blend the therapies and skills together. She also keeps a close eye on the latest research Mind-Body research and incorporates the latest developments, for example using yoga based stress management techniques for Heart disease, the power of positive visualisations with Cancer and other chronic illnesses, Brainwave entrainment and Biofeedback for rapid and long lasting personal change and improved Well-Being.
She has been published in Female Focus, Mind Body Spirit and Golfers Link. She is dedicated to helping others on their individual journey to wellness and developing their true potential. She currently holds the following:-
- Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher ERYT500
- Senior Yoga Teacher (SYT)
- Professional Yoga Therapist PYT 500
- Mindfulness Teacher Professional Training with The Centre of Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP) Prifysgol Bangor University
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy and NLP Coaching with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Motivation Therapist and Coach Dip.C.Hyp.NLP
- Validated Practitioner with the General Hynotherapy Standards Council
- Yoga Therapy in Practice
- Meditation, Pranayama, Mudra and Pranic Healing
- Yoga and Ayurveda
- Restorative Yoga
- Somatic Yoga Rehabilitation
- Meridian Therapies and Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Life Coach
- Performance Coaching
- Stress Management
Kathy is a Professional Member of the following organisations, she fully abides by their codes of ethics and practices: -
- Mindful Yoga Academy is a Yoga Alliance USA 200hr Registered School ID 86485, and Yoga Alliance UK 200hr Registered School
- Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (ERYT) meeting the Yoga Alliance standards at the experienced 500 hour level - ID 24646
- Professional Yoga Therapist (PYT) supporting member of the International Association of Yoga Therapists - ID 20484
Kathy is progressively updating her skills and knowledge base to ensure she keeps up with the new developments in the complementary therapies field including Mindfulness with CMRP at Bangor University.