Mindful Yoga Academy
Heart centered Yoga & Meditation empowering individuals towards health and well-being
Kathy Ward is founder and Director of Training for Mindful Yoga Academy a USA registered Accreditated Training Provider & Yoga School and co-founder and Director of Training for Mindful Academy a UK registered Accreditated Training Provider & Meditation School.
She runs 200hr Mindful Hatha Yoga Teacher Training, 200hr Mindfulness based Meditation Teacher Training, 50hr Mindful Yin Yoga Teacher Training courses, and Continued Professional Development (CPD) workshops for both Meditation and Yoga. As a senior MBSR Teacher and Trainer, she also offers live 8 week MBSR Mindfulness Distance Learning courses.
Kathy has been practicing meditation and yoga for over 35 years and trained with the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP) School of Psychology, Bangor University in MBSR, MBCT for Cancer and as an MBSR Supervisor. Admission to the programme is limited to those with extensive professional experience and a solid meditation practice. She is a member of the UK Network of Mindfulness Teachers (link is external) and also meets and adhers to the Good Practice Guidelines (link is external) both as a Mindfulness Teacher and Trainer of Mindfulness-based courses.
Kathy took her first Yoga Therapy teacher training with the British School of Yoga in 2004 and went on to train as a Hatha Yoga Teacher and Professional Yoga Therapist with Integrative Yoga Therapy in 2005. She has diplomas in Clinical Hypnotherapy and NLP Coaching with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy CBT, Motivational Therapist and Coach.
Kathy has taught 200hr Yoga Teacher Training courses 15 times since 2010, first as an affiliate of IYT Integrative Yoga Therapy in 2010 and 2011. She then developed and taught the unique Mindful Hatha Yoga & MBSR Yoga Therapy 200hr Yoga Teacher Training, 200hr Mindful Hatha Yoga Teacher Training, 50hr Mindful Yin Yoga Teacher Training and together with co-founder Bodhin Woodward, the 200hr Mindfulness MBSR Meditation Teacher Training.
Kathy has over 35 years experience in Developing People, writting and delivering Training Packages, Workshops and Conferences, Coaching and Telephone Coaching, and an in-depth training in Mind-Body therapies specializing in Stress Related illness.
She has been published in Female Focus, Mind Body Spirit and Golfers Link and is currently writing several books including -
- Mindful Yoga, one breath at a time,
- Mindfulness for MBSR Teachers, the essential teaching guide,
- Mindful Yin Yoga and
- Mindfulness short practices for difficult times
She is dedicated to helping others on their individual journey to wellness and developing their true potential. She currently holds the following:-
- Mindfulness based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Teacher Professional Training with The Centre of Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP) Prifysgol Bangor University
- Mindfulness based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) for Cancer Professional Training with Trish Bartley at the Centre of Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP) Prifysgol Bangor University
- MBSR Supervisors Training with The Centre of Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP) Prifysgol Bangor University
- Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher ERYT500
- Senior Yoga Teacher (SYT)
- Professional Yoga Therapist PYT 500
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy and NLP Coaching with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Motivation Therapist and Coach Dip.C.Hyp.NLP
- Yoga Therapy in Practice
- Meditation, Pranayama, Mudra and Pranic Healing
- Yoga and Ayurveda
- Restorative Yoga
- Somatic Yoga Rehabilitation
- Meridian Therapies and Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Life Coach
- Performance Coaching
- Stress Management
Kathy is a Professional Member of the following organisations, she fully abides by their codes of ethics and practices: -
- Mindful Yoga Academy is a Yoga Alliance USA 200hr Registered Yoga School ID 86485, and Yoga Alliance UK Registered 200hr Meditation School
- Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (ERYT) meeting the Yoga Alliance standards at the experienced 500 hour level - ID 24646
- Professional Yoga Therapist (PYT) supporting member of the International Association of Yoga Therapists - ID 20484
Kathy is progressively updating her skills and knowledge base to ensure she keeps up with the new developments in the complementary therapies field including Mindfulness with CMRP at Bangor University.