Mindful Yoga Academy
Heart centered Yoga & Meditation empowering individuals towards health and well-being
Kathy Ward. Mindful Yoga Academy & Mindful Academy Director of Training.
Kathy Ward is owner and Director of Training for the Mindful Hatha Yoga & MBSR Yoga Therapy 200hr Yoga Teacher Training course run by Mindful Yoga Academy, a UK and USA registered Accreditated Training Provider & Yoga School and the 200hr Mindfulness-based MBSR Meditation Teacher Training course run by Mindful Academy, a UK registered Accreditated Training Provider & Meditation School. She also runs continued Professional Development (CPD) workshops and Retreats.
Kathy has been practicing yoga for over 30 years. She took her first Yoga Therapy teacher training with the British School of Yoga in 2004 and went on to train as a Hatha Yoga Teacher and Professional Yoga Therapist with Integrative Yoga Therapy in 2005. She is an Accredited MBSR Mindfulness Teacher, MBCT ca Teacher and has diplomas in Clinical Hypnotherapy and NLP Coaching with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and is a Motivational Therapist and Wellness Coach.
Kathy has taught 200hr Yoga Teacher Training programmes 3 times a year since 2010, first as an affiliate of IYT Integrative Yoga Therapy in 2010 and 2011. She then developed the unique Mindful Hatha Yoga & MBSR Yoga Therapy 200hr Yoga Teacher Training and later the 200hr Mindfulness MBSR Meditation Teacher Training.
As part of the Good Practice Guidelines for teaching Mindfulness-based courses, Kathy is continueing to take ongoing professional development with Mindfulness training at the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP) School of Psychology, Bangor University. Admission to the programmes is limited to those with extensive professional experience and a solid meditation practice.
Kathy has over 30 years experience in Developing People, writting and delivering Training Packages, Workshops and Conferences, Coaching and Telephone Coaching, and an in-depth training in Mind-Body therapies specializing in Stress Related illness. She now runs Yoga Teacher Training Courses, Mindfulness MBSR Meditation Teacher Training Courses and Yoga CPD workshops that blend the therapies and skills together. She also runs 8 week MBSR and MBCT ca courses. Kathy keeps a close eye on the latest research Mind-Body research and incorporates the latest developments, for example using yoga based stress management techniques for Heart disease, the power of positive visualisations with Cancer and other chronic illnesses, Brainwave entrainment and Biofeedback for rapid and long lasting personal change and improved Well-Being.
She has been published in Female Focus, Mind Body Spirit and Golfers Link and is currently writing several books including -
- Mindful Yoga, one breath at a time,
- Mindfulness for MBSR Teachers, the essential teaching guide,
- Mindful Yin & MBSR Restorative Yoga and
- Mindfulness short practices for difficult times
She is dedicated to helping others on their individual journey to wellness and developing their true potential. She currently holds the following:-
- Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher ERYT500
- Senior Yoga Teacher (SYT)
- Professional Yoga Therapist PYT 500
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy and NLP Coaching with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Motivation Therapist and Coach Dip.C.Hyp.NLP
- Validated Practitioner with the General Hynotherapy Standards Council
- Mindfulness based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Teacher Professional Training with The Centre of Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP) Prifysgol Bangor University
- Mindfulness based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) for Cancer Professional Training with Trish Bartley at the Centre of Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP) Prifysgol Bangor University
- Yoga Therapy in Practice
- Meditation, Pranayama, Mudra and Pranic Healing
- Yoga and Ayurveda
- Restorative Yoga
- Somatic Yoga Rehabilitation
- Meridian Therapies and Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Life Coach
- Performance Coaching
- Stress Management
Kathy is a Professional Member of the following organisations, she fully abides by their codes of ethics and practices: -
- Mindful Yoga Academy is a Yoga Alliance USA 200hr Registered Yoga School ID 86485, and Yoga Alliance UK Registered 200hr Yoga and 200hr Meditation School
- Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (ERYT) meeting the Yoga Alliance standards at the experienced 500 hour level - ID 24646
- Professional Yoga Therapist (PYT) supporting member of the International Association of Yoga Therapists - ID 20484
Kathy is progressively updating her skills and knowledge base to ensure she keeps up with the new developments in the complementary therapies field including Mindfulness with CMRP at Bangor University.