Mindful Yoga Academy
Heart centered Yoga & Meditation empowering individuals towards health and well-being
200hr Mindfulness Meditation
MBSR Teacher Training Course
at Solterreno Retreat Centre, Benimaurell, Spain
Our accredited Mindfulness Meditation MBSR Teacher Training course is based on the work of Jon Kabat-Zinn’s highly acclaimed Mindfulness based Stress Reduction (MBSR) programme at the University of Massachusetss Medical Centre, and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) developed in the UK and Canada by Mark Williams, John Teasdale and Zindel Segal. As a professional Teacher Training School we also support the Best Practice Guidelines for teaching Mindfulness-based courses.
The course is taught by Kathy Ward, Director of Training, Mindfulness MBSR/MBCT Meditation Teacher, SYT Mindful Yoga Teacher and Yoga Therapist, Clinical Hypnotherapist and NLP Coach with CBT and Bodhin Phillip Woodward a Mindfulness MBSR/MBCT Meditation Teacher, Breathworks Meditation Teacher and SYT Mindful Yoga Teacher.
The course is ideal for Meditation practitioners, Yoga and Meditation Teachers, Nurses, Teachers, Therapists, Doctors and other professionals with a mind-body focus who wish to incorporate mindfulness into their professions.
The course is taken in 2 modules and on graduation of the full Yoga Alliance Registered 200hr course you will be have the skills and confidence to teach Mindfulness based Stress Reduction Meditation classes, MBSR 8 week Stress Reduction courses and private meditation classes that empower people to make a real difference to their lives. TTR1 can also be taken as a CPD for those wishing to add the MBSR core practices to their teaching.
This professional training course is ideal for those who -
- Have a well-established personal meditation practice (not necessarily Mindfulness Meditation) of 1 to 2 years and a minimum 5 times per week.
- A desire to discover how to apply mindfulness in everyday life.
- Plan to or are teaching/integrating mindfulness-based approaches in their work.
- Be at least 25 years old. You do not need to be a Yoga or Meditation Teacher to apply to take the course.
Course Overview -
The Two Modules include extensive practice and training on how to teach all aspects of Mindfulness MBSR Meditation, giving you the skills and confidence to teach both Mindfulness Meditation, Mindful Movement and the Mindful Academy 8 week Mindfulness MBSR Meditation Course.
In the Foundation Teacher Training Retreat 1 (TTR1) the focus is on deepening your personal practice, learning how to teach the Meditation core practices, (see website for details) other teaching elements including enquiry and relating to the theme and learning focus of each session. You will receive formal assessment and feedback on your teaching of the Meditation core practices.
In the Advanced Teacher Training Retreat 2 (TTR2) you will both deepen your own practice and learn specifically how to teach all elements of the 2.5hr weekly sessions of the Mindful Academy 8 week MBSR course using the provided 8 week MBSR lesson plans and the Participant Handbook. On graduation we give you permission to print the Participant Handbook for your own business use. During this module you will also receive formal assessment and feedback on your teaching from Kathy and Bodhin.
On successful graduation from both modules you will be authorised to use the letters RMMT (Registered Mindfulness Meditation Teacher) and be eligable to join our registry of Mindfulness Meditation Teachers. You will of course also be eligible to register with the Yoga Alliance as a Registered Meditation Teacher.
Costs and Dates -
Each module costs 1,995 euros This includes -
- 11 nights same sex shared accommodation at the Solterreno Retreat Centre (link is external)
- 3 vegetarian meals per day
- Tea, water and fresh fruit
- All tuition, core practice MP3's, course manual including scripts,
- TTR2 Only - MBSR 8 Week Stress Reduction course Teacher Sesson Plans and MBSR Participant Handbook
- Certificates -
- Certificate of attendance after Teacher Training Retreat 1 (TTR1) confirming 100hrs of training
- MBSR Teacher with Mindful Academy Certificate confirming 200hrs of training and completion of both TTR1 and TTR2
- Shared transfer from Orba at 17.00hrs on arrival day and return to Orba after breakfast on the last day
- On going mentoring by email
Teacher Training Retreat TTR1 dates -
- 7th - 13th March - sorry fully booked
- 24th May - 4th June - sorry fully booked
- 17th - 28th October - spaces
Teacher Training Retreat TTR2 dates -
- 11th - 22rd July - Fully booked
- 22nd November - 3rd December - spaces
Testimonial from Randell S - M.D. at a Holistic Clinic in Norway TTR1 June 2013 -
"This course is highly recommended to anyone wishing to both deepen their own practice and prepare to teach others Mindfulness. The knowledge and teaching experience of the teachers is highly inspiring and enriching. The course fuses clear and structured teaching with informal group dialogue and ample opportunity for practice. I really appreciated the obvious preparation put into the course by the teachers and the beautiful setting at Solterreno Retreat Centre. My stay was a personal inspiration and renewal"
The 90/10 Rule of Stress!